Saturday, April 9, 2011

Castles (and cities and forts) and Suns (and moons)

Last night we created our own art based on Paul Klee's Castle and Sun. We traced shapes in pencil, went over them in silver marker then filled in with oil pastel. As usual, the best part of my job is seeing the different directions the children take with their art.
Love the last minute addition of a night sky. Just a black line at the top, developmentally appropriate for this sweet 6-year-old.

As I walked by and saw the spontaneous swirls and squiggles I said "Whoa! What's going on here?' The artist answered "Well, it's my art. This part is a waterfall coming way down."

This is a night scene, an "ammo building" in silhouette. Girls surprise you sometimes!

This young lady added a princess to her castle.

We took breaks to paint a mural of Castle and Sun on the studio wall. I'll post the finished product soon.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished Mural, I really love Paul Klee. I did a lesson on him too:
    http://dalimoustache.blogspot.com/2010/05/paul-klee-castle-and-sun.html

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete